The most common way of making floor paint anti-slip is to use a non-slip paint additive and either add it to the floor paint before application or scatter it between the first and second coating of floor paint.Extra Grip Rubber is an effective non-slip paint additive that can be added to your floor paint coatings to create a slip-resistant rubberized coating on surfaces for a better grip and to reduce the slipperiness on surfaces. This non-skid paint additive works by mixing it with floor paint before application. It is a great product to use with most paints except for clear coatings.
On what type of surfaces can this non-slip paint additive be used?
Extra Grip Rubber can be used with most epoxy, urethane and acrylic coatings, both water- and solvent-based. This non-skid paint additive product can be applied on most indoor and outdoor surfaces, including patios, garage floors, driveways, sidewalks, walkways, stairs and ramps. It is an anti-slip additive for paint that will not change the color of your floors.
What are the benefits of using Extra Grip Rubber?
- Extra Grip Rubber is a non-slip grit additive for paint that is very easy to use.
- It increases traction quickly.
- It offers a long-lasting rubberized finish.
- Mixing this anti-skid paint additive into your paint is also a cost-effective way to reduce the risks of slip-and-fall accidents.
How to use Extra Grip Rubber
Extra Grip Rubber is very easy to use. In four simple steps, you can apply the product to your interior or exterior floors:
Prepare the surface according to the paint or coating manufacturer’s instructions.
Using a separate container, mix Extra Grip Rubber anti-skid paint additive into your paint or coating.
Stir the mixture frequently to ensure that particles are well distributed throughout the mixture.
For optimal results, mix into the last coat being applied to the surface. Apply the mixture with a brush or roller following the paint manufacturer’s instructions.
Safety steps to consider when using Extra Grip Rubber
As with any non-slip product, there are certain precautions to keep in mind. When working with Extra Grip Rubber, it is important to remember the following:
- If this non-slip paint additive product comes in contact with your eyes, flush it out with copious amounts of clean water for 15 minutes. If irritation persists, you must consult a physician.
- If inhaled, blow your nose, rinse your mouth, drink water to clear your throat and move to fresh air.
- This product should be kept out of reach of children.
Do you have a question about Extra Grip Rubber non-slip grit additive for paint or need advice on the right product to use on your floors? Contact the SlipDoctors team now.