Care and Maintenance of your new Stone Grip Application
Floors treated with SlipDoctors® Stone Grip will provide effective slip resistance for years with proper maintenance. We recommend the following cleaning process. Floors with heavy levels of contaminants may require more frequent cleaning.
- Mild Detergent and/or Degreaser
- Broom, Deck Brush or other Bristle Brush
- Clean Water
- Remove debris from the floor by sweeping, vacuuming or dusting the surface.
- If there are heavy contaminants present (such as oil or grease), apply an effective degreaser prior to washing the floor. Bleach or ammonia can be used as a degreaser. Read all product labels thoroughly to determine suitability for the intended use. Rinse thoroughly to remove degreaser residue.
- Apply a mild detergent to the floor.
- Scrub vigorously with a broom, deck brush or other bristle brush.
- Rinse floor surface thoroughly with clean water.
- Depending on the level of contaminants on the floor, you may need to clean the floor more aggressively by using alternate cleaning methods such as
- High-pressure power washing
- Steam cleaning
- Use of solvents (such as xylene)
Consider using SlipDoctors® Maintain Grip as an effective cleaner on floors previously treated with Stone Grip. Maintain Grip will degrease, clean and help maintain Stone Grip slip resistance in one easy step!